The mode of nutrition which describes feeding habit in animals is
Correct Answer: Option B
Holozoic nutrition is a kind of nutritional method that involves the ingestion of food either by liquid or solid organic material. The process of holozoic nutrition further comprises digestion, absorption, assimilation of the food, egestion. It takes in the complex substances like carbohydrates and converts them into simpler forms like sugars. For e.g. Humans and amoeba take nutrition by holozoic mode.
This method of nutrition involves:
1. Ingestion: Taking in complex organic food through the mouth opening in higher animals (humans) and through body surface in lower organisms (like an amoeba).
2. Digestion: Change of complex food into a simple form, done by the action of enzymes.
3. Absorption: Absorption of food in soluble form or passing of simple, soluble nutrients through blood or lymph.
4. Assimilation: Utilization of absorbed food for various metabolic processes.
5. Egestion: Expelling out the undigested food.