Before we start talking about the ways, you can write content that does sell, let’s take a look at a few mistakes people typically make when writing content that causes that content to not sell well.
The Big Five Mistakes:
- No or weak call-to-action. When you have no call-to-action in your content, or your call-to-action is weak, you’re basically wasting your time. People can’t read your minds. They don’t know what action you want them to take.
- Off-topic content. You may be tempted to add content to your blog that isn’t related to your main topic as a way to try to draw more traffic, but this only weakens your position in the search engines and offers you little to no benefit with regards to leads or sales.
- Content that goes on too long. Sure, search engines love long content. Some people even love long content. But creating long content solely for the purpose of getting traffic isn’t going to do you any good. Especially if that content drags on so long, and is so boring, that people leave before they have a chance to see your call-to-action.
- Content that has no purpose with regards to your goals. Some people believe that any content is good content, because it’s another article that can draw traffic. But it’s a waste of your time to write content that isn’t specifically geared toward helping you achieve your business’s goals.
- Useless popups or other interruptions. Do not, absolutely do not; include popups, interstitial ads, or any other type of interrupter for anything that isn’t directly going to assist you with your main business goals. You’ll upset visitors and potentially lose them. Instead, save those interrupters for times when you are trying to achieve your goals, such as getting more email subscribers or selling a product.
Well, first-off you know some of the mistakes you might make that could cause your content to fail in its mission to help you reach the goals you have set for your business.
Now, it’s time to take a look at the best way to create content that does sell. Download the full guide here. [ddownload id=”111"]